CURRENT RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- The mechanization of mines.
- The cuttability of rocks, the proper selection of any excavation systems in mines and tunnels, the models for performance prediction.
- Applicability of partial face excavation machines to metal mines.
- Studies on brittleness for assessment of production rate of mechanical excavators.
- Micro-tunneling techniques and drilling technologies.
- Shaft drivages.
- Mine hoisting.
- Developing the criteria for mine machinery selection.
- Mine water drainage.
- Transport in mines.
- Chain saw machines for marble production.
PLANNED RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- Mini disc application in micro-tunnel technology and machine performance prediction models.
- The comparison of small scale and full scale cutting tests results.
- Selection criteria of drilling machines and drill bits used in overburden removal.
- The design of cutting heads used in tunnel boring machines and roadheaders.
- The investigation of new excavation technologies.
- Effect of ground conditioning on TBM performance.
COMPLETED IMPORTANT RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Prediction of mine machine failure using oil debris analysis.
- NATO-TU Excavation Project.
- The Investigation of three-cone bit performance in Black Sea Copper Company.
- The performance prediction of a full face tunnel boring machine for Tuzla Dragos Tunnel.
- The cuttability characteristics of celestite and bed rocks for Barit Maden Türk A.Ş.
- The cuttability characteristics of coal seams in Mil-Ten Coal Mines.
- Cuttability tests and definition of optimum TBM parameters for Anadoluray Kadikoy-Kartal Metro Excavations.