- to provide high quality undergraduate and graduate programs supported by up-to-date curriculum and scientific, industrial research.
- to produce technically competent and well educated mining engineers who have team skills and are able to work in mining and mining-related industries both within the country and abroad.
- to educate mining engineers who can follow and utilize the technological developments that may occur during their careers and recognize the needs of an environmentally sensitive society.
- to continue its high educational standards equal to the internationally well-known Mining Engineering Departments.
- to educate students for playing an active role in industry, satisfying present and future needs of a global society through the development and implementation of revolutionary technologies for the extraction of mineral resources, and construction of underground structures in a socially responsible, economically viable and environmentally sound manner.