Vision & Mission
The Vision of ITU Mining Engineering Department is
- to continue its high educational standards equal to the internationally well-known Mining Engineering Departments.
- to educate students for playing an active role in industry, satisfying present and future needs of a global society through the development and implementation of revolutionary technologies for the extraction of mineral resources, and construction of underground structures in a socially responsible, economically viable and environmentally sound manner.
The Mission of ITU Mining Engineering Department is
- to provide high quality undergraduate and graduate programs supported by up-to-date curriculum and scientific, industrial research.
- to produce technically competent and well educated mining engineers who have team skills and are able to work in mining and mining-related industries both within the country and abroad.
- to educate mining engineers who can follow and utilize the technological developments that may occur during their careers and recognize the needs of an environmentally sensitive society.
Program Educational Objectives
1. Serving in all fields of mining such as coal, metal, industrial minerals, tunneling and other mining and raw material related fields,
2. Solving complex problems involving mining and giving vital interest in a short time with correct decisions and carrying their professional life with an understanding of importance of health-safety and also the rules of ethics as productive members of private companies or government agencies or as researchers,
3. Developing, enhancing, or promoting mining technologies that enhance the quality of life of people in communities near where mining activities take place in country or abroad,
4. Contributing to the use of environmental protection technologies and their improvement when planning and applying mining, and taking place on sustainable mining activities in an environmentally responsible manner.